CTO RECOGNISES EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM AT MEDIA AWARDS EVENT IN BERLIN
BERLIN, Germany, 6 March 2015 – The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) last night welcomed nearly 50 media professionals to it 12th pan-Caribbean media awards event for German media at the renowned Funkturm Restaurant, the Berlin radio tower inaugurated in 1926 and which provides spectacular views on the city.
The Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2015 were presented during a networking evening, supported by the Curaçao Tourism Board. Over 100 guests, comprising visiting ministers, directors and their delegations, industry partners and an array of consumer and trade media, national and regional newspaper journalists and a number of freelancers attended the event.
Eight awards were presented in three categories: Newspapers (Print/Online), Magazines (Print/Online) and broadcast.
“It’s good to have the support from our friends in the media, which is very much appreciated amongst all our Caribbean representatives. We would like to reward and thank all travel writers for their continued support in maintaining the colourful and charismatic reputation of the Caribbean in Germany,” said Carol Hay, the CTO’s director of marketing for the UK and Europe.
“I’d also like to thank Curaçao for co-hosting this event in what is an excellent demonstration of co-operation between the CTO and its member countries,” Ms. Hay added.
Other sponsors included sponsors: Barceló Hotels, Condor, Dertour, Norwegian Cruise Lines and TUI
– Winners and runners up please see attached document
CTO Travel Journalism Awards winners:
1. Best broadcast, TV and radio feature
• 2nd Place: Ralf Benkö
• Piece: ‘holiday dreams: Caribbean holiday for 2.000 €’, Martinique
• Media: RTL
2. Best broadcast, TV and radio feature
• 1st Place: Harald Schmid
• Piece: ‘My most beautiful holiday experience’, Saint Lucia
• Media: Saarländischer Rundfunk
3. Best newspaper feature (online/print)
• 3rd Place: Heidi Diehl
• Piece: ‘Singing with plants’, Curaçao
• Media: neues deutschland
4. Best newspaper feature (online/print)
• 2nd Place: Wolf Alexander Hanisch
• Piece: ‘Bahamas on mail boats’, Bahamas
• Media: Die Zeit
5. Best newspaper feature (online/print)
• 1st Place: Jakob Strobel y Serra
• Piece: ‘Paradise is a privat estate, Bahamas
• Media: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
6. Best magazine feature (print/online)
• 3rd Place: Martin Cyris
• Piece: ‘Spinning dreams in paradise’, Jamaica
• Media: Spiegel online
7. Best magazine feature (print/online)
• 2nd Place: Christian Ermert
• Piece: ‘Jungle-Run with pirate feeling’, Dominica
• Media: aktiv Laufen
8. Best magazine feature (print/online)
• 1st Place: Anne-Bärbel Köhle
• Piece: ‘Vacations like cocktails’, Curaçao
• Media: Brigitte